Single- or multi-tenant cloud: What is the difference? And, which one is better for me?
Cloud computing is a model for enabling ubiquitous, convenient, on-demand network access to a shared pool of configurable computing resources (e.g., networks, servers, storage, applications, and services) that can be rapidly provisioned and released with minimal management effort or service provider interaction.
– Software as a Service
– Platform as a Service
– Infrastructure as a Service
Origin of symbolising cloud computing with a cloud is that network diagrams presented the Internet with a cloud symbol. In that sense a cloud is synonymous with the Internet. In the context of enterprise software cloud computing refers to storing and accessing data and programs over the internet instead of one’s own computer. That’s alsoContinue reading “Why is Cloud Computing Symbolised by a Cloud?”
1. It is secure so you are protected against cyber attacks
2. It is an all-in software service so you can easily budget IT spend
3. It is always current so you can leverage latest innovations
4. It is scalable so you can adjust to your actual usage needs
5. It is full-service so you can focus on your core business
Cloud is taking over. It is the biggest thing since the Internet. And it changes the way businesses and individuals use software applications. I see the cloud as a massive enabler and this blog is about how to unlock the full value of cloud computing.